At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers. The EU Transportation Operations Management team is seeking Area Managers to work in our Amazon EU sites and manage operations in our yards. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like its day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
Job ID: 1674666 | Amazon Logistik Suelzetal GmbH
The Yard Area Manager is responsible for managing yard operations in coordination with Dock, Receive and Ship teams to ensure FIFO processing and mitigate CX impact risks. An ideal candidate has a background in transportation operations and has excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to lead and mentor people; analyse data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. One of the main responsibilities in this role is to standardize and improve processes; while analysing and eliminating root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at a local (facility) and global level.
- Partner with Site leadership to improve On-time Performance of trucks in and out of yards, Safety and Customer Experience metrics
- Channelize communication between multiple stakeholders to streamline flow of trucks in the yard to ensure on-time arrival and departure of trucks
- Accountable to report yard performance to the local site leadership, identify root causes for structural issues and drive resolution with multiple stakeholders
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and implementation of Lean tools
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Ability to work some weekend shifts as needed (this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfilment network 7 days/week).
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- MS Office experience required, with intermediate proficiency in Excel; Basic proficiency in SQL or Access
- Experience with performance metrics, decision making based on data and leading process improvements
- Know-how of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Fluent in English, and preferably one more language out of French, Polish, German, Italian and Spanish
- Master degree in Logistics/Supply Chain/Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
- Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
- Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques is a plus
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.